Dr. Renger was born and raised in Hallettsville, Texas and has been a resident of Houston since 1970. He attended the University of Texas and the University of Houston where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree. He received his D.D.S. degree from Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas and practiced family dentistry for one year. He then entered a two year residency at the University of Texas Dental branch in Houston where he received a Master of Science degree and was certified in the specialty of orthodontics. He has been in the exclusive practice of orthodontics since 1973.
Dr. Renger participates with a number of professional organizations including:
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Houston District Dental Society
- Baylor Dental Alumni Association
- University of Texas Orthodontic Alumni Association
- Southwest Society of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontics
Participation in charitable organizations is very important to Dr. Renger. These organizations include:
- MD Anderson Hospital
- Texas Children’s Hospital
- American Cancer Society
- The Orthodontic Foundation
- Various school functions including FFA, FHA, band boosters, and drill teams
- Various athletic organizations including Special Olympics, High School and Little League football, basketball, baseball, and soccer.
Dr. Renger and his wife Kay have three children: Kristin, Holly, and Brandy, and five grandchildren. He enjoys working with and teaching basic life skills and various sporting skills to his grandchildren and attending their sporting events. He also enjoys exercise, golf, tennis, hunting, fishing, music, and travel. Dr. Renger loves people and is passionate about orthodontics and the opportunity his profession provides him to create beautiful smiles.